- I don't even think much about books I have written. I am always thinking about the next book I will write.
- Sometimes I write the book straight through, sometimes in little nibbles and bits. Sometimes a long book gets written in a short time, and sometimes a short book takes a year or more.
- I started writing books in 1969. I decided I would be a writer in 1979. I think I have written around 100 books.
- If you wanted to become a writer like me, you should talk to your family doctor, your clergyman or a competent psychologist. I would suggest you then go to work as a professional fisherperson for a year or two.
- That is a very good question. It works like this. If you are 8 and you get to be 9, the 8-year-old does not go away. That person is complete and is part of you. With practice one can become good at visiting oneself at different ages. I do this, and think about what kind of book I would have liked when I was a certain age. Then I write that book. So, I am not a kid any more...but I am.
- The Hudson River Valley, in New York State. And it is also where I live! Nice arrangement, huh?
Here are your answers, and they are very good questions.
> Would it be possible for you to visit our school and talk to us kids?
No, because your school is in Europe, and I would not be able to get home in time to walk my dog.