Hadjira, Alexa, Zoe and M
April 4, 2004
Post #1693 – 20040404
I’m the scribe (and mother of the Z in HAZ) writing to you from our book club in Bethesda, MD. Hadjira, Alexa, and Zoe (3rd graders) read your book, The Werewolf Club #1 The Magic Pretzel. We all (including moi) had fun reading it and discussing it.
In discussing it, the girls asked some questions, that I thought I’d pass along to you:
- “Why did you number the chapters the way you did?” (-3, -2, -1, 0, 1, etc.)
- “Why did you use the magic pretzel, instead of something else?”
- “What is Lulu’s favorite word to say.” (We also listened to your pieces on NPR and made pretzels from scratch)”
Hadjira, Alexa, Zoe and Michaela (aka Mom)
- Well, books usually start with chapter one, and the minus chapters are things that happen before the story gets going.
- I was eating a pretzel at the time.
- Lulu's favorite word--in fact, it's her only word--is ""Lulu."" She says it all the time, when she wants something, and it is also her name for Maxine, our other dog.